Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Reflection

Let me start by saying that it has been a wonderful experience, one I never thought I'd have.  Prior to beginning this journey, I pretty much stuck to the basics - Microsoft Office and by that I mean Word and Power Point.  I shied away from most of the social networking sites and from any apps or other forms of technology shy of the internet.  In this course, I learned how to use so many different types of technology applications on different platforms and learned that I can teach my students so much just by incorporating them into my lessons.  I enjoyed all the assignments and creating this blog.  I was a bit nervous about embedding and had some trouble doing so sometimes but in the end it all worked out. 

I found the QR codes to be the most difficult assignment to complete.  I have seen people use the apps with ease but did not really think of this from an educational standpoint.   Even though, I struggled to complete this assignment, I do plan on using it because there are so many great ways to use it in the classroom and library setting. 

I enjoyed browsing the online communities the most this semester. My favorite online book community is Biblionasium.  I liked that it is so user friendly and colorful.  I found the online communities to be extremely useful.  I believe this will be beneficial for my students since they can keep track of all the books they read and recommend books but I think the most benefit will be gained through the use of Screencasts.  I also believe they will enjoy creating cartoons and Podcasts the most.

I look forward to using all that I learned in this course both in my classroom as a teacher and when I complete my educational goal and finally become a librarian.  

No comments:

Post a Comment